Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Where did your numbers come from?!?!

Well here it is.... I am crunchy. What is crunchy?!?! The most comon comparison, and by that I mean stereotype, would be a hippie. I do not have dreads, do not wear tie dye or smell (at least I don't think I do). As a matter of fact you wouldn't be able to pick me out in a crowd. But I strive to be as natural as possible. I don't like chemicals, I don't think that lobbyists should be regulating food and drugs, I want to know my food's source and don't think factories should be raising and slaughtering animals, that is work for farmers. I make my own deoderant, I use coconut oil in place of moisturizer and cook from scratch. To me I think I am more like my Grandmother than a hippie, call me crazy. Anyway, I found and go to a crunchy doctor. She treats with lifestyle change when applicable. She requires yearly check ups and uses a lab test to measure risk factors and to address "treatment" options. She doesn't just expect to see you when you want a strep test for your sore throat or a z-pak for your runny nose. The test she uses is new, but very comprehensive. It is covered by insurance and includes health coaches. I see mine in March :). If insurance doesn't cover all the costs, the company eats the remainer of the cost. The visits with the health coach are free with no co-pay and have a high success rate for improvement without medications. This test catches risk factors that are hidden with traditional lipid panels and covers many more risk assessments. Here is a link to the test! I am in love, can you tell???
http://www.hdlabinc.com/population-health
I finally feel like I have a measurement tool to figure out what nutritional protocol to follow given my genetic make up, risk factors and life style. I don't feel like I am trying new things and shooting in the dark.
Day 3 meals:
Breakfast: two pancakes and 2 tbs peanut butter
Snack: orange and almonds
Lunch: left over dinner from last night with salsa and avocado on top, orange and apple
Snack: bowl of peanut butter oatmeal with cinnamon
Dinner: jumbalia made by my cousin :)
Workout of the day:
Treadmill intervals:
Warm up: 5 min, incline 2, 3.5 mph
Intervals: 3 sets, 30 sec rest between sets
2 min, incline 10, 3.5 mph
2 min, incline 3, 5 mph
2 min, incline 2, 6 mph
Ab intervals: (each exercise was followed by 1 min of jumping rope)
-1 minute plank
-1 minute side plank
-1 minute other side plank
-1 minute sit ups
-1 minute plank dips
-1 minute other side plank
-1 minute sit ups
If I'm being honest I was dragging today for my workout. I felt good all day, but wasn't feeling the gym time. It could be because I had more animal protein today than I should have. We are still dwindling out our last shopping trip. It could also be because I haven't worked out in three months. Why did I stop, what a fall back I did! Anyway, day 3 was hard but there is always tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment