Friday, January 11, 2013

Serving Size??? What is that???


If I could get my serving sizes under control I would never have a problem. The trouble starts when I put the first bite of something tasty into my mouth. Today I bought a bar of dark chocolate to satisfy a sweet tooth. I took one bite and was a goner. It was a 3.5 oz bar of chocolate (3 servings) I ate over half of the bar throughout the day. How does one just eat a serving. I work with a PT that is a food hoarder. She saves food from her meal, from lounge treats or samples from others. She takes them HOME!!! How??? I don't understand. It wouldn't last more than a minute in my presence. I am still thinking about the remainder of the chocolate bar sitting in my car! On a positive note, I found a new product on sale this week to add to my salads. They are pictured above (sorry I couldn't figure out how to flip the pic) and so yummy on salads. They add an excellent crunch. It's high in thiamine, which promotes glucose metabolization, and loaded with good fats and some protein.
Today's meals:
Breakfast: Homemade pancakes(2) and 2 tbs organic crunchy peanut butter
Snack: a serving of the snack pictured above, 1 1/2 serving dark chocolate
Lunch: salad made with spinach, carrots, broccoli, avocado, mustard, EVOO, apple and a serving of sunflower clusters from above with 2 oranges
Snack: 3/4 serving of dark chocolate
Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast, homemade hash browns, salsa
Work out: Poor communication tonight, no work out due to hubby going to dinner with a friend from NYC. Totally forgot he was going so I didn't get up to go this morning since I can't go tonight :( Guess I will be doing the Sunday HIIT class! I felt great today! Thursdays are my crazy days! I had a early morning meeting and went to 5 schools without sitting until 2:30! But felt great! Day 4 down bring on 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment